GEOThin Petrographic Cutter and Thin section Grinder
GEO Thin is a table top cutting/grinding machine. GEO Thin is used for cutting and grinding samples of up to 30 microns or less. Geo Thin series have high safety systems. Included the Door Limit Switch System in the machine ensures that the cutting process is stopped immediately when the door is opened. Emergency Stop is also provided along with the Machine.
- GEO Thin is a Table Top Cutting and Grinding Machine. Used in areas of application where advanced Thin Section Preparatory method is required. Thin section preparation requires highly advanced preparatory equipment. Thin Geo works as a platform for both Cutting and Grinding of samples up to 30 microns or less. Two different areas for Cutting and Grinding in the same machine give additional advantage of using a compact system for both processes instead of going for two different machines. Thin Geo can accommodate Diamond cutting wheels of different diameter from 6" to 10". The Cup grinding wheel diameter can vary from 6" to 8" A Vacuum chuck with a Vacuum Pump is provided with the machine to hold different sizes of glass slides. These glass slides are held onto the chucks and moved across for Cutting and Grinding. Built in Micrometer with Digital Readout system comes with the basic machine to measure the Grinding thickness of the sample. These Glass Slides requires uniform thickness and thus Built in Micrometer ensures extreme precision. Thickness can be Varied with the Digital Micrometer as per the user requirements. Recirculation System with a 50 litres tank is provided with the Machine. The Recirculation system also has a Fine Filtering System. This filtering system avoids the blockage of powders onto the coolant which comes for the recirculation. Thus also increases the life of the Machine reducing wear and tear. Also increases the life of the Coolant. Thin Geo series have high safety systems. Included the Door Limit Switch System in the machine ensures that the cutting process is stopped immediately when the door is opened. Emergency Stopper is also provided along with the Machine.
- Cutting and Grinding up to 35 Microns or less
- Single Phase
- Sample size cutting capacity up to 60 mm
- 8” to 10” Diamond Cut off Blade
- Wheel Mounting Shaft OD -12.7/25.4 mm
- 8” Diamond Cup Grinding Wheel
- Continuously Variable speed system 100-3000rpm
- Cutting Action – Y Movement Manual (Longitudinal)
- Manual X Movement (Cross Movement)
- Size of slides it can accommodate - 22X74mm, 50X50mm and 50X75mm